In keeping with the provincial government’s guidelines on public gatherings in light of Covid-19, the Prince George Road Runners have made the difficult decision to cancel all scheduled 2020 races.
We are disappointed to miss these opportunities to connect and engage with our beloved running community, but we know it’s the right decision based on the information we have at this time.
We appreciate the patience of our members, as the board has been waiting for information that would shed light on how we can proceed with refunds for the season.
We now have that information:
When you registered for a Full or Half Membership with PGRR, you were immediately covered by BC Athletics liability insurance. This insurance covers you for any accidents or incidents that occur while running on roads or trails – even when you’re just out there on your own – until December 31st, 2020. BC Athletics is unable to issue refunds for this insurance, as the coverage is already in effect.
So, that dictates what our non-profit club is able to offer:
- Half Memberships and Learn to Run Clinic registrants
- unfortunately, there will not be any refunds offered because the $60 cost just covered the BC Athletic insurance.
- However, as soon as we are able to return with group runs, participants will need that insurance. News about the possible return of group runs will be coming at the beginning of July, pending a plan from BC Athletics.
- Full Memberships
- request a refund of their non-insurance portion ($60) by emailing email@example.com
- donate that portion to PGRR in support of future efforts to promote running in Prince George.
- Registrants for the Heights Fiver and Run for Rural Medicine
Trying times are not times to stop trying and we know that our running community is filled with spirit! Some things you can do to engage with our running community is to stay connected via our Facebook group and Instagram. Check our our Stretch for Runners event every Saturday morning at 9am on Facebook Live with Gillian Roberts. And take care of your physical and mental health.
We miss you – nothing gives us more joy than to support your running journey. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again soon.
Stay safe and happy running!