Stay Home and Stay Well…
To all our wonderful members and local running friends,
The Prince George Road Runners’ goal is to promote healthy living in this beautiful city of ours…
To that end, we have decided to postpone all of our weekly run groups, clinics, and events until May 30th.
On Tuesday, March 17th, BC’s provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, declared a public health emergency and issued an order preventing gatherings of more than 50 people until the end of May. Our races fall under that prohibition. And, while our run groups and clinics do not attract those numbers, there are other risk factors – like transmissibility – that have informed our decision.
The Public Health Order is subject to revision, cancellation, or extension and PGRR will respond accordingly.
Like you, the Prince George Road Runners Club is made up of a volunteer board of city residents who are partners and spouses; moms and dads; siblings, colleagues, and friends. And, just like you, we want to do our part to limit the impact of COVID-19.
Our friends at BC Athletics have summed it up well – this situation is not normal, nor one the majority of us have experienced before, so:
- help each other cope and manage this situation by connecting by phone, email, text messages or write a letter
- if you knnow someone who may need assistance, connect with them and help them out – ie. shopping for groceries or other necessary supplies
- stay positive and do what you can to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
For more information, here are some links:
- Northern Health COVID-19 Online Clinic and Info Line 1-844-645-7811
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- COVID-19 on HealthLink BC
- Recommendations on protecting yourself and your community
- Public Health Agency of Canada’s latest information on COVID-19
Keep Calm and Run On
Your PGRR board of directors