Beat the Bugs is a scenic 5km or 10km trail race at Otway Nordic Ski Centre. PGRR’s June event utilizes both cross-country ski and single track trails to take runners all over the Otway trail system.
The race begins in the stadium area of the Nordic Centre at 8141 Otway Road.
The actual race course changes every year in order to keep the event fresh and exciting for the many new and returning runners – the 2019 maps are here! Please see below
|Route Difficulty||Route Length||Elevation Gain||Surface|
|Intermediate to advanced (10km)||5km or 10km||gravel/dirt|
Important Beat the Bugs Information
- To volunteer, or for more information, contact Race Director Jason Laurie
Important Race Information
- PGRR members participate for free, but still need to register online or at the event to receive a bib number
- Non-members can sign up online by clicking here, or can pay $15 for the 5km and $20 for the 10km on the day of the event
- Click here to print the event waiver form, if you want to save some time on race day!
- all PGRR races include a free Kids 1km race
- Please leave your dog and headphones at home due to liability and safety issues
(click to enlarge)