Beat the Bugs is a scenic 5km or 10km trail race at the Caledonia Nordic Ski Centre.
PGRR’s June event utilizes both cross-country ski and single track trails to take runners all over the Otway trail system. The 5km route is relatively flat and is a good, introductory trail race for first-timers.
The race begins in the stadium area of the Nordic Centre at 8141 Otway Road. And the race name says it all – it’s June, there WILL BE BUGS!
The actual race course changes from year to year in order to keep the event fresh and exciting for the many new and returning runners – the maps from our last in-person races in 2019 are shown at the bottom of the page. PGRR’s weekly run group typically does a trial run on the routes in the weeks leading up to the race.
|Intermediate to advanced (10km)
|5km or 10km
Important Beat the Bugs Information
- The race name says it all – there will be bugs! Prepare accordingly!!
- To volunteer, or for more information, contact Race Director Amber Storey
Important Race Information
- PGRR members participate for free, but still need to register online or at the event to receive a bib number
- Non-members can sign up online by clicking here, or can pay $15 for the 5km and $20 for the 10km on the day of the event
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable between participants.
- You can pre-fill this event waiver form at home and bring it with you
- all PGRR races include a free Kids Race
- Please leave your dog and headphones at home due to liability and safety issues
(click to enlarge)