Welcome to the Centennial Relay
- 5 Km Walk
- 5 Km Run
- 10 Km Run
- 30 km Run
- 10 Km X 3 Team Relay
Hosted in beautiful Prince George, B.C., this inaugural event is sure to have something for almost everyone! Event date: September 29/2019
5 Km Walk or Run - 10am start
Participants can choose to walk or run the 5 km route that starts at the northeast corner of the Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park. Heading North out of the park, follow the marked route to the turn around point and aid station in Cottonwood Island Park. Help yourself to some refreshments and snacks at the aid station before heading back to the finish line in the park.
10 Km Run - 10am start
The 10 Km event will also start by heading Northbound from the same location as the 5Km event, but will continue past the aid station in Cottonwood Park, and proceed to the Cameron St Bridge before turning around and heading back to the finish line. There will be an aid station at this turn around point with refreshments and snacks.
30 Km Solo or Team- 8am start
The start location for the 30 Km run will also be in the Northeast corner of the park. Different from the other events, participants will head South through the park and head in the direction of Exploration place on the marked route. ( Clockwise if looking at the race map )
Notes for the 30 Km Team (3 X 10 Km)
- Teams - A relay team must consist of 3 participants. The tag from one teammate to the next at the switch points must be done in front of the aid station. Please make room for runners coming into the area. (Maximum of 22 teams)
- Relay - Aid station and relay switch point #1 for the relay team will be at the Km marker “10” along the UNBC connector trail system. The runner of this first leg must reach this station before 9:30 am to tag their partner before the second teammate leaves the station.
- Relay - Aid station and relay switch point #2 will be at the Km marker “20” in Moores Meadow. Teammates must reach this station before 11am to tag their partner before proceeding. 3rd leg runner of the relay team must reach the finish line in the park before 12:30pm.
- Shuttle - Shuttle buses will be provided free of charge to take the teammates for leg #2 and leg #3 to their corresponding aid stations. These buses will leave from Lheidli T’enneh Memorial park at 8am SHARP for the drop off. As teammates finish their leg of the event, they can wait at the aid station for the shuttle to pick them up and return them to the finish line in the park. Buses will wait at the aid stations until the cutoff times to pick up participants after their leg is completed.
- Road crossing - Participants must obey all rules of the road when they are crossing the street. Traffic control will be present at 4 intersections throughout the course and will stop traffic when needed. In other areas of the course, participants will need to cross at a crosswalk. These crosswalks will have volunteers present, but participants are responsible for their own safety and must wait for traffic to stop before crossing.
Notes to Remember
- Race package pick up can be obtained from Stride and Glide on Saturday Sept.28 2019.
- Closing ceremonies near the band shell in the park starting at 12 noon.
- Girl Scouts of Canada will be providing a BBQ in the park for a fundraiser.
- Awards will be handed out at the closing ceremonies for the following categories:
- 5km 1st place Male
- 5km 1st place Female
- 10km 1st place Male
- 10km 1st place Female
- 30km solo 1st place Male
- 30km solo 1st place Female
- 30km 1st place team Male
- 30km 1st place team Female
- 30km 1st place team Mixed
- No dogs allowed
- Headphones discouraged. It’s a narrow path and other participants need you to hear them if they are passing you
- Please stay on the right side of the trails and let other participants pass on your left
- Place the race bib on the FRONT of your shirt
- Cut off time for all events is 12:30. You must cross the finish line by this time to receive a finisher medal
- 30km runners - Please note that the course route on race day is different than the original Centennial Loop. This change is found between Cameron St. Bridge and the John Hart bridge and can be observed on the event poster. Be aware of this course change for race day!
- All entries are non-refundable
- If you withdraw from the event, you must still check in at the finish line
- Prices: 5km Run or Walk - $20, 10km - $25, 30km solo - $30,. 30km team - $60
- Event will be capped at 400 participants. Online registration will be closed on September 26th. Centennial Relay shirts will be given to participants registered by September 1st, 2019. Registration will be online only!