The Run For Rural Medicine is a road race jointly organized by the Prince George Road Runners and students in the Northern Medical Program. The April road race in the Hart features 5km, 10km, and Half-marathon distances.
RFRM begins at the Hart Community Centre at 4900 West Austin Road.
The start line for the Run for Rural Medicine is on Heather Road, with a quick turn left onto Austin Road, followed by another left onto South Kelly Road. The 5km turnaround is between the last two driveways on South Kelly Road.
Participants in the 10km and Half continue onto a short stretch of Sabyam Road, before crossing Chief Lake Road, and turning left onto Peter Road. Peter Rd curves right into Killy Road, then left onto North Kelly Road. The 10km turnaround is at the Ferguson Lake Nature Reserve sign.
Half-Marathoners continue down North Kelly Road for approximately 3km, before turning right onto Hobby Drive. From Hobby Drive, it’s a right turn onto Christopher drive, and then a left turn onto Emile Crescent, looping back out onto Christopher Drive and continuing east to the 21.1km turnaround point just shy of Highway 97. On the return trip, runners stay on Christopher Drive back to Hobby Drive. You do not need to take the Emile Crescent loop!
|Route Difficulty||Route Length||Elevation Gain||Surface|
|easy||5km, 10km, 21.1km||asphalt/dirt|
Important RFRM Information
- Stay on the side of the road or sidewalk wherever possible
- Two aid stations on course – one for 10km runners, 21km runners will have a second
- This is a fundraising event for NMP students
- To volunteer, or for more information, contact Race Director TBD
Important Race Information
- PGRR members participate for free, but still need to register online or at the event to receive a bib number
- Non-members can sign up online by clicking here, or can pay $20 for the 5km and $20 for the 10km, and $30 for the half-marathon on the day of the event
- Click here to print the event waiver form, if you want to save some time on race day!
- all PGRR races include a free Kids 1km race
- Please leave your dog and headphones at home due to liability and safety issues
Click on maps below for enlargeviews