Formerly known as The Gathering, this race has always coincided with Mother’s Day, so we decided to make it the official kick-off to a day of celebrating Mom!
The whole family is invited down to Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park to soak up the sunshine, while running or cheering on those tackling this easy 5km route.
This point-to-point road race involves two loops around the park, starting and ending at the bandshell.
The race begins on Taylor Drive – the paved, closed access road between the bandshell and riverbank at the eastern edge of the park. Runners stay on Taylor Drive, as it wraps along the southern edge of the park and meets up with Ingledew Street. From Ingledew, it’s a right turn onto 17th Avenue for a run down the park’s northern edge, followed by a short stretch away from the park on Taylor before coming around back into the park to finish the first 2.5km loop, and head out on the final lap.
Important Information for the Mother’s Day 5k
- It’s a great race to cap off your winter/spring learn-to-run program
- Bring a friend!
- To volunteer or for more information, contact Race Director Denny Straussfogel
Important Race Information
- PGRR members participate for free, but still need to register online or at the event to receive a bib number
- Non-members can sign up online by clicking here, or can pay $15 on the day of the event
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable between participants
- You can pre-fill this event waiver form at home and bring it with you
- all PGRR races include a free Kids Race
- Please leave your dog and headphones at home due to liability and safety issues
click on map to view larger version